Monday, October 15, 2012

Inspired #1: Craft Room Organization

This week has been a total mess! I've been trying desperately to get organized, set up my new studio, and get back into my creative groove. Last week I was awfully sick, and I just couldn't bring myself to do all the planning and organizing and such that goes into blogging. I attempted to fill in this week-long gap by importing my posts from my previous blog, only to be really upset when my images were bigger than my new layout and my previously-unorganized post tagging system carried over. I've decided to just delete all of my old posts and not worry about it, to just move forward. Instead I've written this brand new post with my creative craft-room revamp in mind!

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce my very first Inspired post. With this feature I'd like to take some time to appreciate some really creative and inspiring tutorials, projects, and products to really get those creative juices flowing! Keep in mind that each image belongs to the owner of the respective page that it's linked to. Click the image to view its tutorial!

 
The first thing that comes to mind in an organized DIY space is having a place to keep all of your tools, especially the ones used most frequently. You can find a full how-to on setting up your own storage pegboard on the Martha Stewart website, as well as a handy dandy video.


What do you get when you cross a beautiful hand-painted mural with a really useful shelving unit? An awesome sewing storage project that you can make yourself! The best part is that it folds up into a framed painting when it's not in use. Visit the bubblewrappd blog for the full tutorial, as well as information on buying one, if you're not feeling crafty enough to tackle this on your own.


What's a great sewing & studio room if you've got nowhere to sit? I'm especially inspired by this desk chair reupholstery project over at Practically Functional. The best part is that this is almost the exact same chair that I have sitting in my bedroom! I will most certainly be referencing this page for that chair project as well as for a similar one I've got coming up.


If none of the previous tutorials got your goat, then I strongly suggest checking out this Curbly roundup of 12 great craft room organization ideas! There you'll find links to all kinds of supply storage techniques including closet organization, making use of upcycled materials, and some truly crafty ideas in general.


Maybe you've got all of your supplies organized, but are looking for ways to better collect and document your creative thoughts. This is where Wendy of The Shabby Nest comes in with a big, bad blog notebook. In this post she covers every little page and pocket you might need in your own blogging binder, as well as links to a few great printable organizational freebies.

So thanks for reading my first ever Inspired post. It's been really fun digging up these projects and I really can't wait to get back on track in making my own little studio room!

Psst! Speaking of great DIYs, I've been working on a super-secret home decor project that I can't wait to share! Check back this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment