Monday, November 5, 2012

Benton Falling

It's about that time now that the leaves have just about all fallen to the ground, and the ones that remain cling dead on the trees, having lost their luster. I always feel a certain emptiness when nature's colors fade out and the chill of winter creeps in. It hasn't helped that last week's "Frankenstorm" came in and left a slew of depressing, dark, and wet weather behind. In times like these it's convenient to have a little reminder that although nature can be harsh, it can still prove at times to be beautiful and kind.

As a farewell to fall, I'd like to present my recent photography project, Benton Falling. Throughout the season I've captured a few pictures from the same panoramic lookout of Benton, Pennsylvania. As a girl that was born in the plains, I will always find myself captivated the beauty of the Appalachians, and I hope that I can adequately express my adoration for that beauty today.






All in all, I'm very happy with the way this project turned out. My only regret is that I haven't taken as many pictures as I had intended. There were a few trips made in which I pulled out my camera only to realize my battery had died, but I'm happy with the photographs that I ended up with. If I do this again, I'd love to mark the spot that I'm shooting from so I can capture a consistent angle, and try to shoot around the same time each day as well.

I hope you have a great week! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment