Friday, November 16, 2012

Week of Thanks: Day 1



In the first installment of my Week of Thanks, I'm taking the time to be thankful for my home. If you read my first post on this blog, then you may know that I currently live with my boyfriend and his family on a very beautiful piece of land in Northeastern PA.

When we moved onto this property in September, it needed a bit of work. Bradley and I (with help from some family & friends) poured our hearts and souls into finishing the basement of this home and making it into a nest for the two of us, as well as my own little studio room in which to build my business. I now see what it means to truly love and appreciate the space I'm in and understand what it feels like to want to nurture that space and make it our own.

I cannot possibly express how thankful I am for having such a wonderful place to live in. I have been laid off and attempting to start my business from home for quite some time, but my attempts have not yet paid off. Brad's family is such a colorful and supportive bunch, and I'll never be able to thank them enough for sharing their loving home with me and accepting me as one of their own.

This is my message for the Meyers family: in the many months that I have lived with you all, you have supported me, guided me, inspired me, and put up with my crap; I'm happy to say that I love you and you have become my best friends. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment