Thursday, January 9, 2014

5 Easy Hairstyle Tutorials (That Even I Can Do!)

It's no secret that when it comes to styling my hair, I'm pretty clueless. Of course, I can pull off a classic ponytail, a simple bun, and a few variations, but lately I've been looking to expand my hair horizons. If you're also a beginner to the world of hairstyling or are just looking for a few easy ways to expand your knowledge-base, then these pretty & pretty easy tutorials might be just what you're looking for!

1. The Simple Gibson Tuck by photographer Sara Lynn Paige has such an elegant Elizabethan-era look to it, yet it's incredibly simple. I guarantee you that you can pull it off just by watching her short video.



2. If your hair is anything like mine(super fine, straight, and uncooperative), then you've probably had trouble finding a way to get it to hold in some nice wispy waves. For me, this Natural Waves for Fine Hair tutorial at The Beauty Dept. nails it. Just wash it, put some braids in where you'd like to see some texture, then blow-dry or leave it overnight.

.

3. Next we have The Knotty Hair Bow at We See Rainbows. Okay, so technically I don't have the length in the right places to actually pull this one off, but hypothetically, let's just say I could do this if I tried. Probably.



4. Of course I have to include the good ol' fashioned sock bun. This fun bun has been making its rounds for some time now, but it's a great choice for either a classy outfit or to mask day-old hair. It's also a great style to achieve a few overnight curls. You can learn how to do it yourself (plus some variations & how to make a sock-bun donut) from this Perfect Sock Bun tutorial at Pretty Gossip.



5. If you're looking for something really unique, but an easy variation on a style you already love, then I highly suggest this Double-Parted Ponytail tutorial by Ivania at Love Aesthetics. Head on over to her blog for the full how-to!


I really do love all of these ideas, so I hope you're as inspired as I am to try them out! If you're only half as terrible at styling your hair as I am, then I'm sure you'll be able to pull these off and add them to your repertoire as well. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment