Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Bucket List

Everybody dies. It's the one thing that we all have in common. As human beings, we also feel the call for something greater - a new place, experience, or state of mind. We all have these lingering aspirations just below our skin, quietly trying to manifest, these moments that humble and define us. Behind all of that, we are driven by the fear, the presentiment that we will never be the individuals that we aspire to be, never experience the romanticized greater somethings that we all believe we are truly destined for... that is, before that one thing that we all most certainly will experience - death.

And for this reason, we have bucket lists. For those of you who don't know by now, the "Bucket List" is a list of goals that you would ideally like to complete before you "kick the bucket".

Before now, I never particularly wanted to sit down and write a bucket list, as I thought that defining these little somethings that I want to complete someday would open up the windows of failure, and inevitably disappointment. However, I decided to write one anyway, because fear of failure should never stop me from dreaming, right? So let's lighten things up a bit, and get on with it. I introduce to you... my bucket list.



1. Climb to the top of a mountain.

CC Image courtesy of Thierry Gregorius

2. Buy a house.
3. Go kayaking.
4. Obtain a passport.

CC Image courtesy of Jon Rawlinson

5. Take a cross-country road trip.
6. Own a horse.

CC Image courtesy of Smabs Sputzer

7. Make a living off of my business.
8. Visit New Zealand & Ireland.

CC Images courtesy of Kay Adams & Daniele 

9. Do something for the good of humanity.
10. Live in the wild for 30 days.
11. Pet a jungle cat.

CC Image courtesy of  Cuatrok77

12. Hike the Appalachian Trail.
13. Learn to play guitar.
14. See a Sasquatch. 

CC Image courtesy of Steven Snodgrass

15. Learn to drive.
16. Get married. 

CC Image courtesy of Katsu Nojiri

17. Learn a new language.
18. Go surfing.
19. See the Aurora Borealis.

CC Image courtesy of Malcolm Manners

20. Go parasailing.
21. Go to a renaissance fair in costume. 

CC Image courtesy of elaynab

22. See Stonehenge.
23. Adopt a clean-eating lifestyle.
24. Buy an RV or mobile-home and take my business on the road. 

CC Image courtesy of kenjonbro

25. Win a Liebster award.
26. Observe ocean life from a submersible.

CC Image courtesy of NOAA Photo Library

At this time, I believe my bucket list is still incomplete, so I plan on updating the list annually. What's on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments below!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment