Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Sunshine of Your Love

Hey, folks! Today I'm just writing to let you know that I'm still around. This summer has been really hectic and exciting for me, so I truly haven't been as invested in my blog or business as much as I would like to be.

Recently, Brad and I started a new job with a friend of ours, resetting store shelves and helping out grocery stores undergoing remodels. It's honestly been great getting to work with people that I love, but it does require a bit of traveling back and forth between Pennsylvania and New York.

At the end of June, we went to my family reunion in Michigan. My cousin Christine, who typically hosts the event, was unable last year, after being diagnosed with Cancer and all of the busy and exhausting processes that go along with it, so it was wonderful to get to see everyone this year after everything and celebrate the news that Christine is now 100% Cancer-free! In addition, Brad took the opportunity to officially announce our engagement to my family, and we spent the afternoon looking over old photographs and enjoying each other's company. Oh, and I got to bring home this beautiful picture of my mom and me!


Shortly after returning from Michigan, we celebrated my birthday! It just so happens to be on the fourth of July, so of course we were able to enjoy a magical fireworks display and a roaring campfire with some friends. I was incredibly happy to have my grandma over for the event, as she had decided to travel home with us after the time we spent out of state.

While my gram was in town, we also went bridal gown shopping (which you'll be hearing about in the near future!) and stopped in at our local flea market, where I picked up this cute star-covered dress for only $2!


I wasn't happy that Brad and I ended up staying in New York for a week while my grandma was in the area, but when it was all said and done, we were asked to make the 20-hour drive there and back to get her home. We were also able to convince our friend Katie to come with us, so of course we had an amazing time sharing family memories with her and Brad while at my grandma's house and on the way there.

Since then, we've been trying to relax between our work days. We celebrated Brad's thirtieth birthday on the 17th and have been playing Diablo III for a good portion of our off-time, however I'm feeling rested now and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things! I have more exciting plans for August, and I can't wait to see you there! Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment