Thursday, August 7, 2014

7 Makeup Looks for Summertime


I have to be completely honest here - when it comes to makeup, I am a complete novice - but what I have learned about cosmetics and application, I've learned from good old-fashioned beauty bloggers and all their wonderful tutorials, videos, and tips. It's no surprise then that I've found inspiration in some of the brightest & most creative bloggers around, and I'd just love to share this little list of favorites with you today! Without further ado, here are my seven favorite makeup looks created by bloggers this summer!

I love this simple winged liner paired with a bright colored lip, a look created by beauty blogger Estée of Essie Button! I'm actually terrible at applying liquid liner, but a girl can dream, can't she?


If you're into a more subtle makeup that can be paired with just about anything this summer, then check out this look by Rebecca of From Roses, which pairs delicate pink hues with soft eye-shadowing.


One of my favorite summer makeup trends is including a subtle gold shimmer to an otherwise understated look! If you'd like to try this one out for yourself, there's a full photo tutorial by Amy over at The Beauty Department!


If metallics aren't your thing, but you're looking to incorporate more bright colors into your array of eye makeups, then I'd highly recommend this gem. Viola created this look using Femme Fatale Cosmetics' Sugar Rush, and the color is just exquisite! Check out her blog, Killer Colours, for so many more creative ideas!


In the summertime, I tend to prefer more of a 'fresh-faced' look, or one that requires less maintenance and draws less attention with bright colors and just makes you look brilliantly bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, which is why I love this Nectar & Nude Tutorial by Allison Anderson!


If you're a classy broad, but still on the lookout for something with a little more je ne sais quoi, then you'll probably love this rhinestone-embellished winged liner by Klaire, blogger at Klaire de Lys, who specializes in fantasy art and makeup!


If none of the previous looks were wild enough to reinvent your summer makeup routine, don't worry! This is the one you've been waiting for! Marlena of Makeup Geek shows us how to recreate this polka-dotted eyeliner. Originally perfected by makeup artist Jessie Nicole, you can find the inspiration for this tutorial right here!


Have you wanted to try out any new makeup looks this summer? If you've enjoyed this post, please do me a huge solid by pinning the image below to your favorite beauty-related Pinterest board! And, as always, thanks for reading!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I really like all of these looks, especially the ones with bright lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how eye liner looks on women but I swear when I do it I look like a kid got ahold of a crayon and drew all one my face! This is really helpful! Pinning now! Thanks for linking up at the sparkles of inspiration party!

    ReplyDelete