Sunday, September 28, 2014

6 Awesomely-Creative DIY Halloween Costumes

That time of year is creeping up on us again! As Halloween draws nearer and nearer, each year I find myself attempting to create a costume that's just a little bit different from the norm, one that makes me want to shout from the rooftops that I made it myself! (...or at least find a bar to be dressed up at so I'm not just some adult loser in costume on Halloween without plans.) Either way, if the only thing you love more than Halloween is making your costume yourself, then you'll die for these 6 easy and creative costume tutorials!

I love this simple pineapple costume by Kelly of Studio DIY! This is such a great example of how you can really create a costume out of anything, even if it's just a dress and a few accessories! Be sure to click on the image below for the full tutorial!


This easy Medusa costume by Marie over at The Joy of Fashion is absolutely fabulous! If you told me that you could create a sultry, iconic Halloween look using only household items and rubber snakes, I might not believe you had I not witnessed this beauty firsthand!


As you've seen here, sometimes the most creative costume is made by focusing on a single statement accessory, so I'm happy to include this DIY spiderweb hat created by Angie of Little Inspiration!


Lichtenstein-inspired makeups have been super played-out over the past few years, but this look inspired by the famous photograph of Mexican artist Frida Kahlo on What I Wore is so fresh and inspiring!


If you have a hard time saying goodbye to Summer, then perhaps this gorgeous Mother Nature costume over at offTRACT would be perfect for you! Did I mention there's no sewing required?


What's a Halloween party without any candy? This cute little piñata costume by Chanel at Camille Styles Inc. is so creative and colorful, and is fittingly made out of one of the cheapest and easiest-to-find party supplies out there - crepe paper!


Thanks for reading, folks! Be sure to have a happy and safe Halloween!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment