Thursday, September 4, 2014

Two Hearts: A Vintage Romance

After my bridal appointment this summer, my grandma, who had been staying in PA for a week or so, had to return home to Michigan. Luckily, Brad and I were able to make the drive back with her, with the help of our friend Katie. The trip was really wonderful, and the time spent at my grandmother's house, rediscovering moments of my past and sharing my childhood memories with the people that I love was an experience I'll never forget.

It was then that my grandmother and I had found her wedding dress. In the 56 years since she wore it, it had yellowed in the closet that we rescued it from, and had experienced some minor rips and tears. It was packed away with her veil, which was decorated with beads and seashells that her mother had stitched on by hand. The dress itself, despite the years, was timeless and beautiful. Covered in all-over lace, with tiered tulle ruffles down the back, it was really, truly stunning. I only wished that I could have seen it in its prime.

A few weeks ago, I received some packages in the mail. My grandma sent the dress, the veil, and - thankfully - these amazingly romantic photographs of her wedding, which were so beautiful and touching that I just had to share! I really hope you enjoy them.







post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous couple and a beautiful story! The dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! My grandma appreciates your comment, too! :)

      Delete