Saturday, December 13, 2014

My Holiday Mantel Decor!

Hey folks! Today I just thought I'd share a few pictures of my holiday mantel!


I was able to decorate rather inexpensively by using many items we already had: an interesting slab of wood that Brad found out back, the mirror from my dresser, a birdhouse I never got around to hanging outside, as well as some vases and candles, a few of which were on the mantel already.


A few months ago, I asked Brad's dad to cut these slices from logs with his chainsaw, which I've used to create cute little natural pedestals for the candles! We also used an old candle-holder to store our incense sticks for easy access, and finished by filling the vases with some artificial flowers from Walmart. This design cost me ten bucks, tops!



The downside here is that Brad and I have opted to not decorate with certain breakable items this year, since our kitten likes to climb on the mantel and knock things over like an idiot. He's already broken three vases and knocked over my adorable cat fan (not shown) twice. We've actually renamed him Sketchball because of how much of an erratic little weirdo he is. So, I guess the adorable politically-incorrect nativity set I inherited from my dad in which all of the figurines are wearing little Native American headdresses will be put away this year for safe-keeping. This actually upsets me.


On the bright side, I love how the Christmas lights distract from the mirror reflecting the boring old ceiling, and that we were able to take our once-cluttered mantel and create a beautiful rustic tableau! Anyway, thanks for stopping in and taking a peek at my mantel! How do you like to decorate for the holidays? Let me know in the comments section below - thanks!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! :) You're so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the rustic vibe of this mantel! Anything with lights on it makes me smile. Thanks for sharing this inspiring and beautifully done holiday mantel!
    Carolann Sassytownhouseliving.com #NEB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolann! I love having lights on the mantel - it brightens up the room so much!

      Delete