Friday, January 9, 2015

17 Creative Craft Show Display DIYs to Beautify Your Booth!

I have a confession: I've never sold at a craft show. For as long as I've been attempting to sell my own greeting cards, I've always dreamed of getting my act together and making it happen, but I just never felt ready to risk potential failures, or I've made excuses regarding my lack of stock or cute displays. This year is different. This year, I'm getting married, and I have six months to go until the big day. Needless to say, the hustle is on like Donkey Kong. This year, I'm putting myself out there because I need to, and because I need to start making some extra money instead of making excuses.

In the meantime, I've been getting prepared: making as many extra cards in my free time as I can, and of course focusing that other little issue I mentioned - displaying my crafts! If you too are prepping a booth for your first craft show, or even if you've been on the scene awhile and are looking for some inspiration, (like my good friend Ashleigh who requested this post - hi!) I'm sure you'll find just what you're looking for! Let's get started!

Even a craft show novice like myself knows that the basic building block of any crafty booth is the table, but what do you do if you need more room to store your supplies or small objects you'll be restocking often? This gorgeous ruffled table-covering has handy little pockets on the back for anything you may need - the full step-by-step tutorial is up on Just Me & Macy!


Once your table's set up, be sure to create varying levels of product displays to maximize your table space! These cute cake stands are a great way to achieve that lift, and can easily be crafted using items you already have on hand. If not, that's nothing a quick thrift-shop stop won't fix! The full DIY from the Centsational Girl shows how to make them so they're hand-washable!


To create a unique bust display to feature your very favorite necklaces, consider this tutorial from the Vintiquities Workshop, adorned with decorative flourishes and a beautiful weathered texture!


As gorgeous as the previous necklace display is, perhaps you need a low-cost alternative that you can easily reproduce. This is where this super-easy free template & tutorial from Stella + Hodge comes into play! The best part is how easy it is to customize this project to match your brand!


If you've a collection of bracelets to sell, try whipping up one of these classy and surprisingly inexpensive displays! Jenn from IHeart Organizing describes this as an instantly-satisfying $2 project! You'd be silly not to make one to sell bracelets off of!


For a creative way to display pairs of earrings, key-rings, or a whole host of possibilities, check out this multi-purpose display rack from The Other 128 Hours, and learn how to turn one quick trip to the hardware store into something much more!


To display earrings that aren't attached to backing, this adorable earring holder can be crafted from plain old cardboard and decorated with a unique frame for each pair! This cute idea from Blah to Tada! is simply genius!


For other tiny bits and baubles, break out some old books to display your pieces with vintage charm! Jessica Biscoe also has a few other ideas up her sleeve to show off these pretty bow rings!


Alternatively, showcase individual pieces or group items of a set by placing them in decorative bowls, like this pretty vignette styled by Lynda Davids!


It's no surprise that the most successful of craft-sellers have a wide variety of products that cover multiple price ranges. That's why you're going to need a display unit that can handle being changed around to meet your many needs, like this Peg Board Display Case DIY from Sugar Bee Crafts. I must admit I fell in love when I first laid eyes on it...



If you're a card-maker like myself, you may benefit from showing off your crafty side with some of these cute little card-holders, created from spools by Jessica of Miniature Rhino! I love that this idea can easily be reinterpreted and created from pine cones, blocks, corks, or even pieces of driftwood - once you get your hands on a hacksaw, the possibilities are endless!


Larger items can be a bit tricky, so try taking a cue from Amy of Ponder & Stitch! Give an old dresser drawer a makeover with a fresh coat of paint and some new hardware and display it proudly!


Consider showing off handmade hair accessories on a neat little mannequin head! I love the way Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks updated this one with some Mod Podge and wrapping paper!


While you're at it, why not DIY a whole dress form to match? Carol of The Polka Dot Closet did just that, Mod Podging some cute patterned paper and embellishments from The Graphics Fairy to match!


If you have a few more ensembles that will need displaying, you can whip up one of these super-easy A-frame garment racks with these step-by-step instructions from Smile and Wave!


When all else fails, use your ingenuity and crafting skills to create a display that's unique to your brand, like these adorable argyle plushie stands by Katharine Miller!


If you've sold at a craft show before, then I'm sure you're no stranger to the idea of withstanding windy days. If you're bringing your own canopy, however, you're going to need to take some extra measures. These portable cement-filled PVC weights from The Etsy Metal Blog can easily be strapped down to the legs of your canopy to ensure it stays put!


What unique ways have you discovered to showcase your creations? For more creative business inspiration, be sure to follow my Creative-Business-Creating board on Pinterest! Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment