Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blog & Business Goals: 2015

Image courtesy of Steffen Ramsaier

With January just about in the bag and my wedding less than six months away, I've had quite a bit on my mind. There's still an incredible amount of money to be saved by July, and with financial issues at the forefront and work hours keeping me constantly busy, it's really started to put things into perspective, and has me reconsidering how much my time is really worth. And, as my free time dwindles, my blog has been steadily growing. As such, it's been more and more important for me to focus on my aspirations and take the time to prioritize to really help my blog grow. To do so, I set myself these four blog & business goals for 2015:

Generate income through my blog. As it stands, I currently spend about 98% of the time that I'm not at my actual job working on this blog. Granted, I started blogging just for the fun of it, but if it's something that I'm doing anyway and there's money to be made, however small, I'm in need of it now. It's time to take my passion to the next level.

Make more Etsy sales. I was so excited to make my very first sale through Curative Creations last year! This year, I'd love to spend more time making greeting cards, adding new items to the shop, and driving more sales.

Give Curative Creations a makeover. Since starting my business and making my first sale, not much has changed. Naturally, I've been wanting to make a few improvements here and there to spruce up the place, such as updating my visual branding, packaging, and diversifying my products.

Create better blog content. I've always wanted to use my blog to teach, inspire, and to share my creations. In an effort to improve my content in 2015, I'd like to challenge my own creativity by including more craft tutorials, and, once investing in a proper lens for my Nikon, complimenting my content with higher-quality images.

Purchase my own URL. This is a goal I've been wanting to accomplish since the very beginning, but I don't imagine it being a priority until after we've tied the knot and have some extra spending money.

Of course, I have a few more specific blog and website goals that focus on reader engagement, gaining followers, improving statistics, and driving traffic, but that's the ever-changing reality of running an online business. Ultimately, I just want what everybody wants: to do the things that I love doing and to build these things into a career that I love. I also would like to take the time to say thank you for reading this! I know that I'm truly able to achieve these goals because of you lovely readers and all of your wonderful words, and I wish you all the best in 2015.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Brittany! It’s really nice to hear that you have decided to save money for the upcoming wedding, and these tips are really helpful, I can say. Including craft tutorials in your blog is a great idea, since this is what women in particular are interested in, especially those who spend a lot of time at home. So, I hope you will accomplish all your goals and have the wedding of your dreams!

    Jane Osborne @ Customer Finder Marketing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! My goals may have changed a bit since writing this post, but I am always grateful to receive kind words of wisdom!

      I can honestly say the wedding was an absolute blast and I feel as though I succeeded in many of my wedding goals, hehe!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete