Friday, March 6, 2015

11 Crafty Pinterest Pins on my To-Do List This Year

The first day of Spring may be only two weeks away, but with the snow that's been piling down on the East Coast the past few weeks I've managed to find an awful lot of time to spend on Pinterest daydreaming about sunshine and searching for some Springtime project inspiration! Today I've featured some of my favorite pins that I've had sitting around for ages as well as some brand new discoveries that I hope you'll enjoy!

Before I venture too far from home with my new Nikon, I'd love to have a camera strap to keep my clumsy self from smashing it against a rock. Needless to say, this gorgeous strap made from a scarf from The House That Lars Built is pretty enough to want to wear out at every possible chance.


I just love these rustic-looking shelves from the Hey Wanderer blog, and the tutorial seems simple enough that I might just go on a shelf-hanging frenzy in the near future!


When I saw this adorable color-blocked scratching post by Laura of A Beautiful Mess, I knew it'd be sturdy enough for our big heavy kitty who likes to climb, as well as our erratic younger kitten who loves to gain as much momentum as possible and then fling himself at things. It's also a nice bonus that this project can easily be customized to match my decor!


Since the bed-skirt that matches my comforter set doesn't cover the ugly box spring under my mattress, this quick do-it-yourself project by Courtenay of Creekline House seems like a great way to easily brighten up the room and refresh our tired-looking bed!


I have a few yards of this gorgeous floral cotton that I bought a few years ago with the intent of sewing into an amazing dress, but once I got that pattern out, I panicked and never quite managed to find the courage to cut into that beautiful fabric for fear of messing up and not being able to complete my dress. This Spring, I'm attacking that fabric with a much simpler approach in mind, and this circle skirt tutorial from Merrick's Art seems to be exactly what I'm looking for!


These rustic wooden candle-holders by Marcy of Day 2 Day Supermom is a project that's been sitting on Pinterest for far too long now. I have some pretty branches picked out - now someone get me a drill with a bit big enough for a tea light and we'll be in business!


This is such an easy and fun project that would make a great gift! Designed by Bethany of The Glamorous Housewife, these embroidered photographs would be just perfect for Mother's Day!


With all the cell phones and digital clocks around constantly, I can't honestly say that creating a big beautiful clock like this one is as much a necessity as it is a spirited desire. Luckily, the tutorial for this do-it-yourself version of a Pottery Barn masterpiece is available from Kara Paisley Designs!


Yes, of course there's another cat-related task on my list. Brad and I have been discussing a project like this for quite some time, but we still haven't quite found the right container for the job. This tutorial over at IKEA Hackers ensures a project with furniture that is easily obtainable, which does seem to be the major holdup in our cat-bathrooming endeavor.



When I discovered Geneva over at A Pair & A Spare, I spent a ridiculous amount of time just browsing through all of her tutorials as well as her wonderful fashion inspiration! The truth is, I've been putting off getting a pair of prescription glasses for myself, but having the tutorial around for a beautiful project like this one might make the transition a little easier...


Not only are these simple little incense holders infinitely cute, but I'm also just kind of obsessed with the photos of them. Oh, and I especially need one since our aforementioned kitten decided to smash our nice soapstone burner. You can check out the full DIY at Almost Makes Perfect!



If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to check out my Crafts & DIY Pinterest board! For more specific niches, I also have a variety of DIY boards dedicated to fashion & accessory projects, beading & jewelry-making, origami & paper-crafting, and polymer clay tutorials; have a look and be sure to follow Brittanibus on Pinterest! Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment